[SLUG] Catux

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 10:38:15 BST 2005

Hi ppl

I'm in conversation with someone from the Catux LUG from Catalunya,
North East Spain, near Barcelona (I love that part of the world).

Their pictures from their Software Freedom Day are here
<http://catux.org/fotos/merce_2004_1/> and
<http://catux.org/fotos/merce_2004_2/>. They did this in Barcelona,
and got government money to do it.

They also got government money to put on Linux courses back at their
home in Manresa which is about the size of Scarborough.

The other thing you may know is that they developed their own
distribution which, if I understand it correctly, was the first Linux
that was bootable from USB. They are working on 2.0 now and have
several other projects ongoing.

They have a similar number of members to us too.

Interesting.

I'm not going to do anything much about that .. this isn't a
hierarchical organisation, I just play the role of meeting organiser
since that was what I was asked to do, so if anyone fancies organising
something please do, you won't be treading on my toes.

I might start thinking about the idea of LUG twinning. A weekend in
Barcelona anyone? :-)