[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Al Girling al at acgirling.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 14:47:46 BST 2005

Al Girling wrote:
> Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> > Al Girling wrote:
> >
> > >I've tried sftp (part of the ssh package) which is as secure as ssh, but
> > >it's 'orrible compared to ncFTP.  I believe scp is another alternative
> > >but again it's part of ssh so I'll assume it's similar to use as sftp.
> > >
> > Oh, and have you tried yafc?
>
> Just installed it.  Looks good.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Hmmm, having just seen two seg faults which are the first two I've seen
in Debian in over two years of use and yafc will only connect to two of
the seven severs I usually use, I'm going to have to give it nil points.

Sorry!  Nice try, but I've not seen such poor quality since I stopped
using Mandrake.

Any other ideas?

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>