[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 12:03:04 BST 2005

Al Girling wrote:

>Hmmm, having just seen two seg faults which are the first two I've seen
>in Debian in over two years of use and yafc will only connect to two of
>the seven severs I usually use, I'm going to have to give it nil points.
>
>Any other ideas?

Hmmm. Since I started using Linux full time last year I found something
weird. In windows I used putty and winscp. Putty is an ssh client which
allows bookmarking and various other connection features, winscp is a
GUI scp/sftp client. Both are fantastic tools but are amongst the few
windows implementations of what I always felt were linux tools.

Since switching to linux I have never found an ftp client that I like...
at all.

So, here's my last stab: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

If not then yeah, open up to the floor for suggestions. Otherwise scp's
really useful on the command line...

Steve