[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Al Girling al at acgirling.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 13:16:58 BST 2005

Stephen O'Neill wrote:
--%<--
> These people share your pain:
>
> http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lofiversion/index.php/t998.html

Makes interesting reading, also fairly negative for the Linux community.

kbear certainly doesn't come out very well, but surprisingly Konquorer
does.  I did notice filezilla 3 was being waited for with baited breath
as that should be available for Linux.

I'm starting to think the long term Linux users are just happy to use
sftp and similar while those recently transferring from Windows are
expecting the GUIs they're familiar with and not finding them.

I'm also wondering if there is a better way of achieving what I'm trying
to do, other than using ftp.

Cheers

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>