[SLUG] Secure ncFTP replacement

Al Girling al at acgirling.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 12:33:05 BST 2005

Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Hmmm. Since I started using Linux full time last year I found something
> weird. In windows I used putty and winscp. Putty is an ssh client which
> allows bookmarking and various other connection features, winscp is a
> GUI scp/sftp client. Both are fantastic tools but are amongst the few
> windows implementations of what I always felt were linux tools.
>
> Since switching to linux I have never found an ftp client that I like...
> at all.

I'm sorry if I sounded ungrateful yesterday.  It was simply frustration
and shock at the Segfaults, really took me by surprise.  yafc really
looked to be what I wanted.  The interface is just how I like it, maybe
later versions will do it.

> So, here's my last stab: http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Sadly, a quick look shows filezilla to be a windows only thing, but
then it's looks to be GUI based which I'm not keen on.

Thanks though.  It's still appreciated.

> If not then yeah, open up to the floor for suggestions. Otherwise scp's
> really useful on the command line...

I'll have to give scp a go.

Cheers

Al Girling