Unpatched FF (was Re: [SLUG] Next meeting subjects)

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 23:58:56 GMT 2005

Hi Steve,

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:58:15AM GMT, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> our still unpatched FF 1.0.4 user

I'm kind of curious here, I thought it was me that you were describing
as I'm a Debian user with an x86_64 machine using Firefox-1.0.4.  After
your original message I checked and updated everything from the Debian
security servers and all is now OK.  Yet you still seem to think it's
unpatched, so are you seeing two Debian x86_64 users of Firefox-1.0.4
one of which is patched.  Or are your logs flashing messages saying this
is an unpatched browser or are you assuming that because it isn't
Firefox-1.0.7 or Firefox-1.5 that it must be unpatched?

BTW  I've looked at the newly added pages under /lib/ tonight.  so that
should help you narrow down if it's me you believe to be unpatched.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>