[Fwd: Re: [SLUG] arrays]

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Dec 18 21:04:45 GMT 2005

> Can I suggest a future meeting include some workshop time, run by one
> or two of us who are good at scripting, so non-experts like me can be
> improved and have chance to ask questions.

Ooh, that's my WOL call. Meetings. Suggestion for. <slaps face> yeah,
workshops sound good. All it takes is someone who knows something to
volunteer to bring their brain and others to bring their computers.

Anyone good at scripting (clue .. not me).

Vim I'm not so sure about somehow. I've two feelings: 1) those who
want to know vim already do, and 2) if that's not true and there are
people out there who want to know vim, a textbook might be better than
a workshop .. I can't imaging how a vim workshop would go other than
"how do you do x?" "by clicking y" "OK, ta". I may be very wrong about
that.

Maybe it's down to the topic. What if we each admitted to being really
good at something and then sometime over the next year we gave either
a talk, a demo, a workshop or whatever felt most appropriate, about
our skill. How's that sound.

I'll have to ponder on what my skill might be. Search engine
optimisation perhaps. Hardly a Linux skill.