[Fwd: Re: [SLUG] arrays]

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 10:56:35 GMT 2005

John Allsop wrote:

> Vim I'm not so sure about somehow. I've two feelings: 1) those who
> want to know vim already do, and 2) if that's not true and there are
> people out there who want to know vim, a textbook might be better than
> a workshop .. I can't imaging how a vim workshop would go other than
> "how do you do x?" "by clicking y" "OK, ta". I may be very wrong about
> that.

Hmm, I've been meaning to do something for Vim for what must now be
years.  So if said I planned a session on Vim I'd expect a chorus of
seasonal 'Oh no he isn't!' from all who've heard it before.

The plan (when time allows) is to set up something that has a couple of
docs people can download with a variety of deliberate mistakes which we
then work through and fix during an IRC session.  This will start from
the basic, how do I open/save/quit files through to setting up mappings
and abbreviations and .vimrc tweaking.

All in favour say "Aye".

Toodle pip,

Al

P.S.  Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

--
Al Girling

Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>
Linux User: #290080         <http://counter.li.org>