[SLUG] Copying files from one machine to another

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 10:40:22 GMT 2005

> I had tried, previously, to get NFS to work, but didn't manage that
> either, but I think I'll have a wander through that again now, since
> I've re-installed FC4.

So, NFS, according to the RH9 GUI list of services, NFS is ticked so
it should be up and running, I've added the share to /etc/exports,
I've exportfs'd it, and then on the FC4 machine, I try to mount it
(mount 192.168.0.69:/home/j /home/J/j) and it says, after a ponder,
mount to NFS server (IP) failed, server is down.

So I'm all washed up and need a hint.