[SLUG] Re:Ubuntu 64 bit install

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 22:06:55 GMT 2005

Hi

By coincidence, I looked in on my niece over christmas, and her husband has
the latest ubuntu on a 64 machine.  At least I reckon it has to be the latest
as the gnome logo was in really tasteless new colours.  It works fine, though
apparently some 32-bit applications don't run, and at one point the clock
started moving at 4x the usual rate.  I will forward the details and see if
he can help.

One other distro that does a 64-bit version is Gentoo.  My experience is that
installing is a pig, but this might not be true if you can set up a broadband
connection and install over that.

Bob