[SLUG] decoding application/mac-binhex40 files

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Tue Feb 15 16:57:56 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

My No 1 nephew has sent me some photo's of a model car we gave as a
present.  Not only has he sent several pictures over 1Mb in size (Ah!
The joys of dial-up), but they are sent from a Mac which has encoded the
files as application/mac-binhex40 which I'm unable to open.  A quick
apt-cache show binhex give a variety of packages to try, but I thought
I'd ask if anyone could recommend something before I go down the 'Irish
mine detector' route.

Any thoughts?

Al Girling
Linux User: #290080            <http://counter.li.org>