[SLUG] March software patents meeting

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 20:58:28 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 20:55, john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

> Finally, I'm not sure if I really got the essence of this, but she
> asked whether any members of the group write application software in
> their own right (as opposed to for their employer). If you do, gizza
> quick description.

Hi John,

I do write application software for an employer but have also done some
projects in my own time. I have done a couple of websites for free and
various VB and VC++ projects but nothing substantial.

Do you know what Farrell has in mind when asking for this type of information?

Even though I write software for a company it is only small and therefore
software patents could easily affect it just a much as an individual
developer.

Regards,

Paul.

PS: Sorry about the empty e-mail I posted earlier. Finger problems!!