[SLUG] March software patents meeting

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jwcs.net
Wed Jan 12 09:40:55 GMT 2005

<john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
> Finally, I'm not sure if I really got the essence of this, but she
> asked whether any members of the group write application software in
> their own right (as opposed to for their employer). If you do, gizza
> quick description.

Don't know that I'll be there 'cus of uni, but I fall into the above
category.  I work on various bits of open source stuff, including the audio
engine AMaMP (http://amamp.sourceforge.net/), various Perl modules
(http://search.cpan.org/~jonathan/) and *very* occasional contributions to
Parrot (http://www.parrotcode.org/).  AMaMP is released under the GPL and
the Perl/Parrot stuff is released under the same conditions as Perl itself
(a disconjunction of the GPL and Artistic licenses, normally written
GPL|Artistic).

Jonathan