[SLUG] meet date

Al Girling al21 at firenet.uk.com
Fri Jan 21 13:50:30 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 10:51:39PM GMT, Jamie Adams wrote:
[...]
> Hello,
>
> As updater of the website I accept reponsibility here.
>
> Mike actually mentioned this to me today at college. I was mightily
> confused myself.
>
> I think the confusion lies in the presentation of the information as
> the actual information is correct. (as far as I can see).  The text
> below the 'January Meet' news item is the date that the item was put
> up. At the end of the article it states the date of the meet, as well
> as in the  usual place at the top of the page.
>
> It makes more sense when looked at in context with the other news
> articles. Though I agree, it is rather misleading.

Looking again, I see how the page is supposed to read and that the next
date is indeed the 25th, but this information is at the end of the piece
of text and in a manner that doesn't draw attention to itself.  It's
the;

January Meet

6th January 2005

<Info on the meet>

bit that caused the confusion.  Could we have a "The next meeting is
'date'" on the home page that remains in the same place with a brief
description of what we hope to do at that meet below.  The meets page
needs more info of what's actually happening rather than just meeting
places and a general description of meets.

We still need a proper map of how to find the room at Scalby school and
maybe Multimap links (or similar) to both meeting venues.  After the
last meet at the school we went to a local pub for a general chat.  I
can see that as a regular thing with the school meet finishing at
9.00pm.  It might be worthwhile pointing this out on the site so that
people unable to make a 7.00pm start but want to meet up anyway will
know where to find us.

As to the dates, I think Jamie is right when he says that Chris must be
nailing down a list for the year.  We need to sort out a date for
February too, as that will be upon us before we know it.  Something in
the middle of the month would be good.

As soon as we have a date/venue confirmed for the Patents talk I'll make
sure other local LUGs know about it as I'm sure they'd like the
opportunity to join in.

Regards,