[SLUG] FLOSSIE

Rob Hall rob at waylock.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 23:32:25 BST 2005

Hi,

Apologies for the crossposting again!

Is anyone going to the FLOSSIE conference? I have managed to persuade my
managers at college to come with me to look at moodle and the
possibilities of moving into the Open Source world with educational
software. I am, for the first time in ages, vaguely exited about work!!
Just imagine.... Ditching Server 2003 in favour of Linux, teaching kids
about concepts of software rather than a branded office suite. Ooooh I'm
getting carried away!

Seriously though, if anyone is going I'd love to meet up with you and
getting some dialogue going in the North East about OS / GNU type
software in educational establishments would be fantastic.

Rob