[SLUG] DialUp problems

Pete Redwood pete at predwood.charitydays.co.uk
Sat Jul 23 23:23:38 BST 2005

Hi Folks

Have just installed the latest version of Debian - sarge 3.1. Thought I'd
give it a try. Evrything is fine except for dial up access to internet,
email etc. Using kppp as dialer on gnome desktop, but KDE also installed.
Modem is external, serial connection. As far as I can tell everything is set
up as it should be but kppp dials the number, connects then cuts out
immediately. Comes up with 'Error 0'. Have checked ppp-config and everything
appears to be ok. Anybody got any suggestions.

Pete Redwood