[SLUG] Software patents proposal .. 24 hours to reply

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 20:47:39 BST 2005

Just a thought.  In the Guardian article, referenced on your web-page,
concerning the patenting of software, the difference between proprietary
software which runs a particular lathe and can safely be patented, and
pure software, e.g. a word-processor, is clearly described.  Do you
think that the readership of this letter will clearly know the
difference, or is a sentence drawing the distinction advisable?
Martin