[SLUG] 2 things

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 5 10:03:50 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>Morning all
>
>2 things.
>
>1) With regard to how we're going to structure SLUG meetings, I had
>the idea of tying our meetings in with what is discussed in Linux
>Format.

I do like the idea; I subscribe to 'Linux Magazine'. I had considered
subscribing to Linux Format but that would bring my mag subs to 3.
Anyway, I liked the idea that we could 'read along', which would be
harder if we don't have anything to read.

Assuming we run with it I don't see the harm in being a month or 2
behind? - rather than doing what they're doing 'next month' it might be
nicer to do in real time?

But yeah, why not, like it.

>I suggest we give them
>away at Digital Scarborough to people who show real interest .

You're not talking about existing members here are you? - as if!

Steve