[SLUG] 2 things

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu May 5 11:10:32 BST 2005

> Assuming we run with it I don't see the harm in being a month or 2
> behind? - rather than doing what they're doing 'next month' it might
> be nicer to do in real time?

I might be getting confused here, but I thought if in June we cover
what's in the current magazine which has just come out, XEN, there's
three weeks between the mag coming out and our 'discussion'.

For me, I'd prefer it to be the meeting after, giving us 7 weeks to
play with the technology, install it and so on, but I think I'm
different to most. Particularly I'd say Linux people will want to try
it out. The discussion may be about 'trying it out', how to install
it, strategies, that sort of thing, so I imagine for most people 7
weeks is a lifetime and we'll have forgotten completely the contents
of the article.

> You're not talking about existing members here are you? - as if!

I imagined we'd further our cause more if we gave it to people who
were very interested but hadn't yet realised how full the Linux world
is. With the magazine we could give three people that "I never
realised this world existed" feeling.

Those who work on the stand will be able to flick through the mag. If
we just hand out the mags among ourselves, well, it doesn't have such
an effect. We will buy the mag, a new convert may not pay just to
wonder what Linux is like.

Of course, my high moral standing is completely buggered by the fact
that I seek to keep one for myself. But I have decided to subscribe,
which I'll do once they fix the link to their subscription page (The
page cannot be found. The page you are looking for might have been
removed la de da de da ... * More information: Microsoft Support (ho
ho)).