[SLUG] Excitement in the Allsopp camp

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 03:25:07 GMT 2005

> On 02/11/05, john at johnallsopp.co.uk <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
>> Having built the silent PC

> Fintan wrote
> Silent pc? take it that the computer being kept in the living room?

Actually not, the office at home where I spend most of my conscious
time. I've spent twenty years listening to cooling fans and wish to
remember what quietness is so that I can think.

> oh to have a silent pc to install Mythtv http://www.mythtv.org/  which
> is my next project.
> The missus coming round to the idea of having another pc in the house
> :-)

Aye. I may, though, go the MS route, partly because I'm perhaps
supposed to know something about the major technologies so having seen
it first hand might be nice, and it's good to have some experience of
networking the different systems together, and as a web developer I
need to see what the main groups of viewers see.

It won't be this Christmas tho :-(