[SLUG] Library display posters

Jamie Adams whostolemypen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 19:31:32 GMT 2005

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 09:33:32 -0000, <john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:

>> Bob said
>> I tried to install Helvetica.  I had no problems discovering how to
>> install,
>> but when I tried to find a site to download from,  I found plenty that
>> wanted
>> lots of money, but no free downloads.  Do you know of a site?
>
> I don't, but I'm just wondering if it could be as simple as me sending
> you a file, but a quick look around doesn't suggest it's so. Does
> anyone know where fonts are stored and whether this might be possible
> in theory?
>
> Cheers

Should be simple really. Have a search on your computer for .ttf files. It
should turn up somewhere in that list. Just mail him the ttf file, that's
all that is needed. Fonts are stored all over the place on the system, I
don't think there is any defacto place, though there are loads in the X11
tree.