[SLUG] Library display, to do list

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 17:29:30 GMT 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:22:19AM GMT, John Allsopp wrote:
> Hi ppl
>
> The display is to go up a week tomorrow.
>
> The to-do list is as follows (there are currently tasks for JA, BG,
> AG, & SoN but we need more users to send in their profile, and someone
> needs to sort out the OpenCDs):

I've sent a message to The OpenCD team asking for something which can be
used as labels, I'll let you know how I get on as soon as I know.  I've
just installed a DVD burner (which is new territory for me), so as soon
as I'm comfortable with this I'll be able to burn CDs.  What sort of
numbers are we thinking of?

--%<--

> JA, AG, SoN: (and anyone else) to send to JA a screenshot of their
> distribution, a 100 word summary of what they use Linux for and a
> mugshot (oh yes, we want to show ourselves as human), JA to format and
> print out

OK.  I'll try to get mine done tomorrow.

> BG: Bowl of business-card sized pieces of paper or smaller along with
> a "please take one" sign (as if they were sweets) which just contain
> the message that all this information is on our website and giving our
> website address
>
> SoN: Our website address across the whole thing will be a variant on
> our normal address, eg. http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/lib so we
> can see how many people came to visit: create this page, including
> HTML versions of documents.
>
> BG: Produce a bowl, a 'please take one' sign, and 'business cards').
> JA will produce graphic guidelines, BG will produce.
>
> ??: Open CD production: volunteer needed.

I think I've just stepped up for this one. ;)

Toodle pip,

Al Girling

GPG: key ID 0xB3394ECE
Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>