[SLUG] Poster idea, input requested

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 12:34:42 GMT 2005

Hi,

I've started with a clean sheet here as this topic is divided between
several threads across two lists now.

As you know I'm not convinced that trying to grab the attention of
passers by with the 'Free as in speech' message is going to be
effective.  I think it needs more.  I like Bobs idea of the
environmental cost which leads nicely to his machine for under £100
leaflet.  This made me think perhaps it would be better to have a line
or two to introduce each leaflet.

Over on the Catux list reference has been made to using Tux which would
probably be a good thing.  Personally I'm not that keen on the rather
goofy fat penguin, but thats just me.  For a while I've been harbouring
thoughts of an image of Feathers McGraw with a suitcase in one flipper
and an airline ticket to Redmond WA in the other.  I suspect Nick Park
might not approve though. ;)  Seriously though, I think a small Tux
should appear somewhere on the poster and perhaps the 'Linux is a
trademark of Linus Torvalds' copyright very small at the bottom.

Thoughts?

Al Girling

GPG: key ID 0xB3394ECE
Home page:                  <http://al.sdf-eu.org>