[SLUG] Poster3, input requested

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Nov 18 10:58:38 GMT 2005

Hi ppl

OK, here's poster 3, taking into account the various comments
<http://www.johnallsopp.co.uk/slug/poster3.jpg>.

Again, it's a rough thing.

The key area I think is what to put in the small text. I just wrote
that off the top of my head and I'm not sure what I'd really write in
the finished version. Input please .. what would you like to see
included there. I don't think it would be bad if it's a really long
list, so let's hear it.

It's possible, of course, that the print shop will go "I see sir
you've chosen a black background for your poster, was it total
ignorance or wild abandon that inspired you?".

Al, I'll put a copyright symbol in there somewhere in the real thing.

Personally, I think the problem I was trying to avoid has happened. I
wanted something that looked people in the eyes and challenged them.
What we have now is something that looks nice and the headline
challenge is completely ignorable. Maybe it'll work better by being
attractive. Maybe it's not my/our place to challenge people while
they're trying to borrow a book. The challenge is more my style tho
:-) I'm still proud of it and I'm willing to go with it, so let's see
what your thoughts are.