[SLUG] Linux Challenge

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 14:24:40 GMT 2005

Hi

OK, the poster thing I've left for a little while, and I've completed
the Linux Challenge. Well, I mean, as far as I can without input. But
I reckon it's OK. I'm intending to print this on A5, so I've had to
strip the text down, so if you suggest adding something, you'll have
to also suggest removing something too.

Take a look:

The Linux Challenge

Changing your operating system is a big deal, especially  because
Linux offers so much good software.

That’s where the Linux Challenge helps. It’s where you get to
challenge us to design a Linux system to suit you. Think you’ve got
needs that Linux can’t fulfill? Challenge us.

Write your needs on the back of this sheet, and post it in the Linux
Challenge box. We’ll collect it, cogitate a while, and then contact
you with our thoughts.

What do we need to know? Most important, provide your email address or
other contact details. We’d like to know about you. What do you want
from this computer? What will you use the computer for? Are you a
skilled computer user or a novice? Do you know Linux, or Mac or
Windows?

Then there are technical questions. Don't worry about what you don't
know, but think about your computer. Will you buy a new computer for
this or use a current one? Will you give it over to Linux or do you
want it to give you a choice of operating system on bootup. Describe
the system’s CPU, RAM, and spare disc capacity, what operating system
is currently running, then move on to peripherals and networking.

Then drop this into our box and let's see if Linux works for you.

Designed and produced by Scarborough Linux User Group:
http://www.scarborough.lug.org.uk/lib