[SLUG] Setting up stand

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 10:25:05 GMT 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> I was thinking setup was Tuesday morning. I'm out tomorrow until late
> afternoon and so far, my printer isn't working so I need tomorrow
> night to do the printing in.
I don't know if you're using cups etc... however, sometimes - if say
your printer had run out of paper - you may need to manually 'start'
your printer using cups.

If you're using cups try

http://localhost:631

Login as root if it challenges you. Then navigate to 'manage printers'
or 'manage printer classes' or similar. You should get a list of
printers registered with cups. There should be a 'start printer' button
lurking. If it says 'stop printer' then that's obviously not the issue.

I may be leading you up the garden path with this - you'll know if
you're using cups or not, but it may help.

Steve O