[SLUG] Re: ECDL

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 11:54:32 BST 2005

> much of the
> "official" data we recieve is only supplied in Access database
> format, and all officially approved software is Microsoft Windows
> only. DfES/LSC will not approve it otherwise.

That's, frankly, outrageous isn't it? We ought to march on London with
sharpened mice *.

How the hell did we get to the stage where a government body is
forcing the use of a single company's products, and an American
company at that.

Where's XML in all this?

Excuse me while I go apoplectic.

Under which government was that decision taken?

* that's a joke** btw, before anyone jails me for condoning terrorism

** mind-you, perhaps I'm not even allowed to joke about it any more