[SLUG] Library display

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 09:34:50 BST 2005

> But we're back to Al (I think) saying it's horses for courses and
> perhaps we should just let the installer decide.

Oh good grief, no that's another way of thinking about it. Al was, I
think, saying we should decide as a group on one distribution and gave
the example of York choosing Ubuntu.

Having you (Steve), Ian, and Bob installing your individual favourites
.. that's a new approach.

IMHO that would be the worst possible outcome (because it's neither
based on the group being able to support it, nor on the punter's
requirements, it's based on the decisions the installer took to suit
their own requirements n months ago which are then transposed onto the
punter, the only benefit being the installer knows the distribution).