[SLUG] Library display

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 10:50:39 BST 2005

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

>Having you (Steve), Ian, and Bob installing your individual favourites
>.. that's a new approach.

Fair enough. Sorry for the confusion - I seem to find little more than
scan reading time so it's understandable that I'm making it up as I go
along.

>IMHO that would be the worst possible outcome (because it's neither
>based on the group being able to support it, nor on the punter's
>requirements, it's based on the decisions the installer took to suit
>their own requirements n months ago which are then transposed onto the
>punter, the only benefit being the installer knows the distribution).

Well, fair point too. My only input is that my time management is
appalling. I have a day off today and this is the first time I've turned
on my home PC in 2 weeks. So time for me to even install on my machine,
let alone get to know it, is nil.

Maybe that should count me out of being an installer. I'm not being
arsey either - just don't know where the time goes, but then that's what
everyone's dealing with. I don't know how JA found time to read the
previous emails, let alone precis them.

Steve