[SLUG] File extensions

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 21:54:45 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Stephen
O'Neill
Sent: 13 October 2005 20:23
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] File extensions

Ian Eade wrote:

>The web site been written in php on more than 1 occasion, I have a copy
>of the website in PHP if you want a copy - LOL

LOL! It'll take me 2 minutes to convert it to PHP, but thanks for the
offer.

Just out of interest - why the apparent switch?

Steve

==================================
I am assuming that "apparent switch" refers to the changes undergone by
the website.

In the old days (or at least from the beginning until recently) the
style and backend technology employed in producing the website was
changed very frequently, mostly on a seemingly random basis.

It was known for 1 person to be updating the web site only to find
someone else was also doing the same at the same time!

So we had plain html, Javascript, php, server side includes, a CMS and
probably some technologies that came and went so fast that no one had
chance to realise something had changed.

Alas, the excitement in going to the web site to see what it looked
liked and was written in was overshadowed by the fact that content was
rarely produced. All the available time being spent on style and
technology.

Ian