[SLUG] Library summary v2.0

Ian Eade webmaster at hammondgallery.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 22:48:35 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scarborough-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of
john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sent: 26 October 2005 10:41
To: Scarborough Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Library summary v2.0

<snip>

> Volunteer required to design and print the poster:
I'm not a graphic designer, but I'm thinking I might be the most
graphic designer of the current people in the group, in which case it
kinda falls to me although I'd rather someone else do it .. anyone
else fancy it?

If you're "not a graphic designer" but are "the most graphic designer of
the current people in the group" what does that make the rest of us? A
bunch of blind monkey's?

Strong reply maybe, but is "the group" the whole of the SLUG membership
and if so then you omitting some serious talent or is there a select
sub-set within the group who are the only ones counted when it comes to
consideration.

Either way this is very insensitive and disrespectful towards those who
are capable but are lacking in motivation/opportunity/time.

Ian

<snip>