[SLUG] SUSE installation sound problems

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 10:32:10 BST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
> OK, well that suggests I should take out the soundblaster card and
> install another distro. Barring Faff, the only thing stopping me doing
> that is Lucy rather likes SUSE so I'll press on for another day and
> see how it works out.
Suse is a good, solid distro... I would hazard that if you can't get it
working in Suse you're probably going to have similar results in other
distros.

I have to confess that I have on-board sound which just works out of the
box. Also, I don't *think* I have my DVD/CD plugged into my board by
anything other than my IDE cable - I just let the o/s take care of it
and don't try to feed it to the sound card directly.

However, I can't guarantee this - I'm out of my depth and I'm only going
by memory.

Steve O