[SLUG] OOps fstab

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sat Apr 15 19:16:03 BST 2006

OK, now I get it. I'm a kind-of cyber Frank Spencer.

What I've done now, folks, is erroneously edited my fstab so my main
system won't boot. I get dropped into some sort of pseudo shell thing
with the expectation that I'll know how to sort it out.

I could .. but is it really a shell? /sbin/emacs doesn't seem to work,
nor /emacs. Anyone know what mode this is I'm in so I can look it up
and work it out?

I thought loading Knoppix allowed you to make such changes but the
/etc/fstab it shows you is the virtual, read-only one it concocts
itself.

Also .. Dr. Who's on.

Now.

RUN!