[SLUG] meeting wed 19th blind society

David Webster dave at dave-webster.com
Thu Apr 20 18:10:40 BST 2006

> Hi David - a big thank you to you and all your colleagues who very
> kindly gave up their whole evening to educate us. I think that everyone
> who went took something away with them (and I don't mean the shockingly
> expensive equipment!).

Was I the only one who pocketed a rowing machine and the dog ;)

But, seriously, thankyou to yourself and all the kind people at the
Blind and Partially Sighted Society for their time and willingness to
help us learn more about you and provide a rather enjoyable evening.
> With luck we'll be able to demonstrate some open source technologies to
> you at the next meeting - Wednesday 3rd May.

David, if you need any help with setting up and learning the Linux
environment, then between us at SLUG we should be able to provide a
collection of books and tutorials and guidance, which we have gathered
over the years.

Dave