[SLUG] Cynicism

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 21:28:09 BST 2006

On Saturday 05 August 2006 12:23, John wrote:

> > I took it to mean "it will cost you (SLUG) £25 to have the pleasure of
> > helping out with school children".
> >
> > Steve O
>
> That's the one. I would step down the cynicism just one notch tho, if
> schools teach only Microsoft perhaps it's very important that we try
> to get the message to young people. Not that I can be bothered, but,
> you know :-)

Hi

I deny being a cynic.  I am a sceptic.  I think the people running this
event don't know what they are doing.  If I were a cynic I would say that they
are in it for what they can get.

I agree that " if schools teach only Microsoft perhaps it's very important
that we try to get the message to young people".  I don't see any point in
contributing time and money to a forum that is unlikely to get the message
across.

Bob