[SLUG] rj45 and 13 amp sockets

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Mon Feb 20 03:20:45 GMT 2006

I'm still finishing off the specification for the network in the new
building, for a voluntary organisation.  Does anyone know what I should
detail for the Cat5 cable?  Hunting round the net, I don't see any
simple 802.xxx or IEEE designation, but am coming across stuff like:
ANSI/TIA/EIA-568-A and ISO/IEC 11801.  Wossat then?  We're only using
ordinary PCs, plus a v posh colour
photocopier/printer/fax/scanner/network machine.  Ordinary pukka Cat5
will do for me, but architects want numbers.  Any pointers gratefully
received.
Martin