[SLUG] Linux Permissions

Paul Teasdale pdt at rcsuk.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 08:33:49 GMT 2006

On Sunday 26 Feb 2006 20:39, Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> Stephen O'Neill wrote:
> >After more wondering around, still not sussed it but the ACL for the
> >folder is as expected:
>
> Oh, but, if I recreate the folder in my home directory, chgrp apache,
> chown apache, chomd 777 I find that I *can* delete the file when I am
> the user 'steve'.
>
> So maybe SELinux is at work???

I'm out of ideas for now. I have never had nothing to do with SELinux but you
say that's disabled anyhow.

It's a long shot but did you run a file system check? I don't however think
this is the problem because you managed to delete the directory as root
didn't you?

One other thought. Occasionally I cannot umount my USB flash drive. For some
reason the File Alteration Monitor daemon (famd) fails to release its "grasp"
and prevents umount form working.

Also you might like to try:

$ sudo lsof

to list all the open files and which process has them open. You might find
that some unexpected process is stopping you from deleting the files.

Otherwise I don't know. I could blame the Apache daemon but you tried stopping
that and it made no difference.

Regards,

Paul.