[SLUG] Tonight's meeting

Jonathan Worthington jonathan at jwcs.net
Tue Jan 3 16:09:55 GMT 2006

<john at johnallsopp.co.uk> wrote:
> Happy new year y'all :-)

Same from me.

> SeaMonkey, the all-in-one internet app from Mozilla
> Sunbird, a Mozilla calendar app
> KDE 3.5
> Gnome 2.14
> X.org 7.0
> MySQL 5.0.15
> Samba 4.0
> Autopackage
> Skippy, a window switcher that allows you to ditch the taskbar
>
> In practice, however, partly due to my inadequate forewarnings, I
> think the only thing that might happen is Bob bringing along a machine
> with KDE 3.5 on it. I'll find that interesting at any rate, because I
> haven't seen KDE since about 2000. If anyone wants to bring anything
> else along that would be fine and dandy

I won't have time to put together any kind of demonstration, but I can
certainly talk for a couple of minutes on the main things that are new in
MySQL 5.

> There's that chap from Cambridge who was going to talk about Perl
> scripting, no idea whether that's happening or not.

That'd be me.  I'm in Scarborough and armed with my laptop, which even
contains slides for my talk.  So as long as I don't get lost trying to find
Valley Bar, I'll see you there.

Maybe worth updating the website with the meeting too?

Jonathan