[SLUG] lpi

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 21:07:04 GMT 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>>>Hi All
>>>
>>>I've been told some of you are heading down the lpi route im
>>>planning
>>>to do the same to improve my command line skills and you never know
>>>get a better job
>>>
>>>what books/training providers would people recommend ?
>>
>>Hi Arden
>>
>>Personally, when studying, I start with Brunson's LPIC1 Exam Cram 2,
>>and then supplement it with Dean: LPI Linux Certification in a
>>Nutshell, and possibly Siever et al: Linux in a Nutshell and Schroder:
>>Linux Cookbook although the latter isn't proving very useful for the
>>study (but useful in real life).
>

> Bugger, I answered this twice!
>
> Amazing how the hours pass catching up with your emails.

The most useful thing I've found is:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/lpi/101.html?S_TACT=105AGX03&S_CMP=LPLINUX

The above is one way into a series of tutorials, put out by IBM.  You
need to log in with a name and password.  Since you set this up
yourself, and it accepts whatever you register as, no probs.

Martin