[SLUG] hello +LPI study plan

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 17:54:12 GMT 2006

> Al said: Hi Arden,
>
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:13:23PM GMT, arden wrote:
>> Hi there
>>
>> Im new to your list have been with the york lug for about 3 years
>
> As I said last night, several people here are working through the LPI
> (not me though) and I'm sure with your background you should be able
> to catch up reasonably easily.  John is really the person to speak to
> about where the study group has got too.  I'm sure he'll be happy to
> bring you up to speed.

Aye, sorry, been busy, actually I owe the group a study plan, hang on:

LPI 101 study objectives, January 2006

See <http://www.lpi.org/en/obj_101.html> for official syllabus, and
<https://group.lpi.org/publicwiki/pub/Examdev/ObjectivesReview/101_V0.3.html>
for new syllabus under review (this is the one I'm using).

w/c 2 January
1.103.2	Process text streams using filters (2 of 12 hrs)
1.103.3	Perform basic file management (2 of 6 hours)

w/c 9 January
1.103.3	Perform basic file management (4 of 6 hours)

w/c 16 January
1.103.4	Using streams, pipes and redirects (4 of 10 hrs)

w/c 23 January
1.103.4	Using streams, pipes and redirects (4 of 10 hrs)

w/c 30 January
1.103.4	Using streams, pipes and redirects (2 of 10 hrs)
1.103.5	Create, monitor and kill processes (2 of 10 hrs)

(Then we will be 62% done, wow)

That probably tells you what you need to know about where we are, and
our pace.

Basically we self study (4 hours a week) and swap notes with others
who have notes to swap with, either over the wire or physically at the
meetings. Around summertime we'll reach studying for the second exam,
and after that we'll probably just continue with the next level. So
you can join us now, wait for it to start again in August or whenever,
just as you like :-)

Welcome, anyway :-)

Cheers