[SLUG] Digital Scarborough

Bob Garrood bgarrood at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 10 10:27:05 BST 2006

Hi

At the last meeting Digital Scarborough came up.  If we want to organise for
this, then I suggest we start by settling the theme, and then some general
ground rules for organisation.  Here is an idea.

Theme. Last year it was 'Freedom'.  How about 'Alternatives' this time,
perhaps organised as, say, 3 examples,  "Alternatives to Office",
"Alternative Browsers" are possibles.  I am sure there will be other
suggestions ("Alternatives to crashes and viruses").  Each alternative would
each need an A4 poster listing possibilities.  "Alternatives to Office" might
be OpenOffice, Koffice, Abiword, Gnumeric and even editors like Gedit and
Kate, and these could be available for inspection on the 3 machines we set
up.

Ground rules.
Rather than give out handouts, we could try to point people at helpful
websites.  Only people with the initiative to look things will want to
install linux anyway.

Bob