[SLUG] Audacity, no mic in sound

Rob Hall rob at waylock.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 21:25:15 BST 2006

I have had terrible trouble with Audacity under Linux and tend to still
use Windows for multi-track recording.

I found that there was a problem with the ownership/permissions
of /dev/dsp which, when changed, enabled me to record with Audacity but
these needed resetting every time you logged in or restarted the machine
(my PC gets shut down most nights)

I just gave in in the end and went back to using it under XP with all
the other great audio tools I have. If I could get this sorted under
Linux then there would be no need at all for XP!

Rob