[SLUG] Audacity, no mic in sound

Martin Webb martin at webb.lcbroadband.co.uk
Wed Jul 12 21:42:00 BST 2006

Rob Hall wrote:
> I have had terrible trouble with Audacity under Linux

I feel I should give the other side of the coin here, just for the
balance.  I have Audacity installed with Fedora 5.  It has always worked
brilliantly, without a hitch, and I use it daily for recording, editing,
mixing sound.

It has also been used to produce professional CDs of spoken-word from
the mic, with mixed music added later, in my wife's consultancy.

I recommend highly its versatility and ease of use.

I think, between us, we can crack the reported difficulties.

Martin