[SLUG] Monday's meeting

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Wed Jun 28 08:45:14 BST 2006

Hi ppl

As I think Bob said, Monday is the next SLUG meeting.

The default theme from Linux Format would be their feature on Hardcore
Linux which isn't so much a single article as a set of smaller things
to try. Maybe someone would like to try out one of the following and
then present their findings on Monday:

Covering your tracks in Firefox
Artistic drawing in Inkscape
Host your own blog using Wordpress
Using macros in Calc
PHP: Securing the shell
Set smart Internet filters using DansGuardian
Open-Xchange: set up and run an open groupware server

I don't think I'll be able to contribute any of those, but if someone
else would that would be great. Let me know if you'd like me to send
you the article. The mag also reviews Ubuntu 6.6 so if anyone's
installed that, bring it along and talk us through it.

Otherwise, there's Digital Scarborough to sort out (there is a date
for it but the website doesn't tell us), maybe it's Steve's last SLUG
meeting, and I have questions about the LPI learning programme.

All that, and more, on Monday night.

Oh, and the meeting after this is supposed to be "How Linux beats
Vista". I sense another debate.