[SLUG] Bob/Valley/Wireless idea

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Mar 7 08:48:23 GMT 2006

Hi

I'm musing on the problem of the Valley Bar not having a wireless
connection for us to use.

It occurred to me that perhaps they might like the idea of getting a
wireless broadband setup going.

Bob, you seem to have a relationship with them. Do you think they
might be up for paying for us to set up a (Linux) machine and Internet
connection?

May's theme which might be setting up a Linux Kiosk. Might it be
interesting to extend the idea as far as setting up a machine in the
bar that punters could use, free of charge, to browse the web. I
assume we could lock Linux down sufficiently that it doesn't become a
maintenance headache.

In the end, we get wireless access during our meetings. Just think how
bright and shiny they'd be then!

We could take the decisions, and probably do the work, collaboratively
too, so it's not just down to one person.

Any thoughts?