[SLUG] Download writing to disc failure

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Fri Mar 24 13:12:12 GMT 2006

> Al Girling wrote:
>> You might like to try wget to download RealPlayer, should at least
>> get
>> you a copy.  Also, let you play with the command line more! ;)
> And why would you want Realplayer? I mean really...

Oh, I don't. It's just Helix is the player that comes up to handle
MP3, and it says "I can't, you need RealPlayer". No choice.

Given that I'm having problems downloading and installing stuff, I was
going with the flow.

> If you have the KDE libs installed then I recommend amarok
> http://amarok.kde.org/ which should be available either by default or
> from Yum.

OK, I'll take a look. I wanted to use amarok anyway, it's covered in
the first issue of Tux.

> I'm sure there are plenty of others that are people's pet favourites.
> like amarok because it scores tracks you listen to by frequency
> played/number of times skipped etc and that feels geeky and
> interesting... though the interface isn't that clear.

Cheers