[SLUG] openoffice question

Stephen O'Neill soneill84 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 22:52:17 BST 2006

Martin Webb wrote:
> b) what does "openoffice.org-2.0 -writer %U", the original command, mean?

Try typing:

openoffice.org-2.0 -h

You should see that 'writer' just tells it to start a new text document
and that openoffice.org-2.0 may in fact be synonymous with soffice
(which would obviously make sense given politics and history!).

As for %U I don't know. The help says all remaining arguments are
treated as being files to open... so no idea I'm afraid!

However I am surprised your shortcut no longer worked. What does:

which openoffice.org-2.0

say? Maybe it's no longer in your path?

Steve O