[SLUG] Backup

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Sun Oct 29 23:22:55 GMT 2006

> Ooh, my / is very almost full too. Jeez. This may be my last message
> :-)

OK, so the last nail in the coffin of this ridiculous partitioning
strategy, the whole point of which was to ensure that the root
partition never runs out of space (resulting in a system crash)
because, for instance, of a runaway process filling up the drive with
error logs, is that 486M of my 487M partition allocated to / is used.
Which means I'm just a few characters away from oblivion.

I've ordered a new HD on which I intend to install the latest Fedora
with a decent partitioning regime, and then I'll slave the current
disc and copy my data across.

Does anyone know, in the meantime, what's favourite for deletion to
make myself a little breathing space? There's a tmp directory, what if
I delete something in there?

I know, I can have a furtle myself, but I just thought I'd ask in case
anyone has any good ideas.