[SLUG] Setting up Epson Stylus C48

Lucy  Cook marzipan at fsmail.net
Mon Sep 4 09:53:12 BST 2006

Hi, this is my very first message!

Please could anyone run me through the process for setting up my Epson C48 printer (I'm using SUSE)? I'm a total beginner with Linux and keep having problems with printers (this is the second one I've tried out). The C48 scored 3 penguins for working perfectly on www.linuxprinting.org. I do understand that I can't just expect it to work straight away though. Here is what I've done so far: (which could be wrong)

 Under Printers in Yast Control Centre, when I get to Queue Name and Spooler Settings I try to do a test and it says "ERROR Queues that do local filtering cannot be tested here. Proceed to next dialogue to select printer model and test queue after printer model is selected".

The Epson C48 is not on the list, so I chose New Stylus Colour Series instead and tried to test a page. The printer came alive (for the first time) but then just fed every piece of paper through without printing.

I'm feeling my way around in the dark here and am aware that I've probably not done things properly =(

Any suggestions, instructions or alternatives would be very much appreciated!

Thank you =)

A frustrated Linux user =(