[SLUG] (still) Setting up Epson Stylus C48

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 15:07:25 BST 2006

> john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:
>> Where are you at?
>>
>> Are we still at step five of the how to?
>
> I haven't read any of the tutorials, but what are you using to add the
> printer - through the "gnome" or "kde" control panel equivalent, or
> through the CUPS interface at http://127.0.0.1:631/, or through
> editing
> config files?

Certainly not editing config files, jeez, calm down :-). I'm trying to
lead her through the Linux printing how-to, which takes you to the
CUPS interface at that address.

However, that how-to also suggests alternatively using the KDE printer
manager add-printer dialogue, so I was considering asking what happens
when you try that .. Lucy? I think you're running KDE so that might
work too.